Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving....Compacted

There is a trend on Facebook right now to count down to Thanksgiving with what you are thankful for. Being the rebel that I am, I am doing them all at once and on my blog. I don't want to play catch up or get behind, but I think listing what you're thankful for is a SUPER idea. And since I am in a super duper crappy mood today, I think now would be a great time to do this.

1.) I am thankful for God, His Son, and Holy Spirit. God, that He made me and has a plan and purpose for my life: Jesus, that He saved me and loves me and wants to have a relationship with me....ME, of all people....and Holy Spirit, that He prompts me to speak and to be quiet ;-)

2.) I am thankful for my family. We all love each other and have the same insane humor. They are always just a phone call away.

3.) I am thankful for Gabe, because he is the only person on the planet that could possibly love me unconditionally and not let my moods or tears phase him. We work as a team, and he leads our family with love, not an iron fist.

4.) I am thankful for Jadyn Anna, Ava Jane and Hadley Gabrielle. Jadyn was our miracle baby: due to complications she went into heart failure in the womb at 21 weeks. She was born early, but whole, and has since been checked by a cardiologist and declared well. Ava was the red headed baby I wanted my whole life. Her freckles, blue eyes, long blond eyelashes and facial expressions get me every time. Hadley was the baby that joined our family so seamlessly, I can't imagine life without her. She is smart and witty and loves to cuddle.

5.) I am thankful for 'K'. I am thankful she was brave enough after all her trauma, to fly halfway around the world to take a chance on us. I am thankful she loves us and misses us. I am thankful for her heart and her laughter. I am incredibly thankful to be her mama, with or without a paper that states it!

6.) I am thankful for our church- for the teaching, guidance, support and love. We would be lost without them.

7.) I am thankful for my friends, old and new. They are funny, helpful, willing to listen, willing to pray....willing to keep my kids and let me use their shower, willing to pass along clothes and shoes for the girls, willing to buy me coffee and lend me toothpaste ;-)

8.) Internet

9.) my soft bed

8.) a/c and heat

9.) hot water

10.) microwave ovens

11.) modern medicine

12.) Netflix

13.) chocolate and coffee

14.) a safe neighborhood for the kids to ride bikes in

15.) ink in my printer

16.) super fluffy socks and sweats

17.) washer/dryer

18.) dishwasher

19.) That thumbtacks and hot glue can take care of so much

20.) the choice to home school my kids

21.) autumn

22.) naps

23.) scented candles

24.) fire pits and marshmallows

25.) That Gabe rescued me from the error of my ways and showed me a better way to go....the way of the Gators. ;-)

26.) Memories of my grandparents

27.) a fall birthday

28.) my health

29.) love

30.) the smell of crayons and masking tape

No comments:

Post a Comment