Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NF....and it doesn't stand for "Not Fair"

When I took Super H in for her 2 year well check this June (which I know was 7 mos late, but track with me), our totally awesome doctor suspected that she might have neurofibromatosis. At that point she recommended blood work that has to be done by a genetics doctor. There is a 5 mo waiting period just to make the appointment, and then there is a several week wait to get the results.

We are still waiting for our appt to even get into the doctor. I have had a couple of people ask me lately what was going on, so I thought I'd blog the update. We're waiting to wait, lol. Meantime I'm trying NOT to think about the 2 people featured on TLC's "My New Face" who had horrible forms of this disease. I got sucked into the show before I knew what they had. Then I walked away from it.

Here is a good link on neurofibromatosis if you want to know more......http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/aches/nf.html

No comments:

Post a Comment