Friday, January 14, 2011

Dear Snow

Dear Snow,

I think I will miss you. I like my sweaters. I like how you make everything look. I like how you make it so much easier to see the birds and squirrels in the woods behind my house. I like seeing paw prints of various animals in the snow. I liked watching the squirrels dig down to the ground and then stand back up to eat. Why? Because all you could see was it's head; it looked like a prairie dog instead of a squirrel. I love checking for new icicles every morning. Also? Sledding ROCKS and totally wears my kids out is great exercise.

I do not like being stuck at home due to the ice you turn into, or the layering involved for sledding. It takes me AGES to get 3 kids bundled up enough to play. And it's Georgia, so we don't ever BUY snow boots. I have to wrap each foot with plastic grocery bags and multiple socks and then cram their feet into shoes. I also do not like all the laundry it creates. And when you melt it's oh, so muddy.

But I cannot help but feel a little sad today as I walk past the sled and have to look harder into the woods to see all the birds and rodents. So feel free to come back; just give us a few weeks to recover from this visit.

Muah,

Southern Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment