Tuesday, March 1, 2011

5 Quick Takes

*My oldest daughter has 3 loose teeth. Two of them are the top front ones. And one of those is so loose it is dangling by a thread and is SO GROSS and she will not let us pull it, nor will she pull it out herself. A few days ago I wrestled her to the ground in a head lock to try to grab it and yank. I have claw marks on my arm, and the tooth is still staring at me every time she smiles. So I have resorted to 'accidentally' knocking her in the mouth. Not with anything that can hurt, but with pillows and a roll of paper towels. So far, nothing. Stay tuned. Also? I think she's on to that trick......

*For some reason, my middle daughter has decided to wear socks with her sandals. I guess she's channeling her inner European. And it might not be so bad if it weren't red and yellow striped monkey socks with bright pink sandals. So far I have managed to contain this fashion to the backyard. I don't think my kids have to look like total fashion models when they leave the house, but there are a few things I draw the line at. Things need to match, hair needs to be at least brushed and now I can add no socks and sandals to the list. Yay me.

*I have discovered the hilarity that is "Park and Recreation" on Netflix/NBC. Watch at least 3 to get the formula, but you may be hooked before that. Very funny!

*I sincerely wish there was a diet that involved eating peanuts/cashews and drinking coffee. Pretty sure that's a diet plan I could stick with.

*I had a slipcover on an armchair that would NOT stay put. (The slipcover, not the chair, LOL). Guess what keeps it in place now? Barbells. I wedged them behind the seat cushion at the corners. I am inventive if nothing else.....

No comments:

Post a Comment