Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Summer Plans are in the Making



For the past two summers, we have hosted orphans in our home. We have prayed long and hard about a 'three-peat', and we both felt God saying to go for it. Specifically for the girl pictured above. Her name is Alina: she is from Latvia and she is 11 yrs old. We are hosting this time thru Simple Obedience Ministries, and they only work with Latvian orphans. They are hoping to bring about 25 or so kids here this summer, and 2 are being hosted by friends of ours from church (which is actually how we heard about this other hosting program.)

The kids all cheered when I told them we were hosting again, and got really excited when I showed them this picture. (I think it was a plus for them that she was holding Barbies, LOL) Jadyn even suggested we look at yardsales to try and get a couple of more Barbies to make sure there was enough for everyone to play!

I am not sure how we are going to fundraise, and at this point I am not super sure how we are going to fit her in the 'playroom', but I know this: we are excited, and we are nervous, and we are sure this is what we should do this summer.

And while I am excited for Alina, there are other kids waiting for families to host them this summer, so I am including the website so you can go look, pray, and see what you can do.

Simple Obedience- click here

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to share this journey with you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to meet her and see what God has in store for her young life! I know it's a good change coming!!

    ReplyDelete