Monday, July 11, 2011

The 'A' Word

Some pretty encouraging things happened this weekend as far as hosting K goes. An acquaintance of mine mailed us a check to go towards taking K to the game ranch and Monkey Joes (the 2 activities that I mentioned in my last post). It was very sweet and we are very grateful! The second thing was a friend from church walked up to me yesterday and asked if I needed anything for K by the time she gets here Tues. When asked out right, I really do have a hard time accepting help. I generally don't even let the baggers at Publix take my groceries out..."I got it" is what I tell them....even if I don't. So it was hard on my behalf to say "pajamas". And then this sweet lady said she would take care of the pjs and make sure we had them by Tuesday. Relief and gratitude washed thru me.

Later today, I will go to Walmart and use a gift card another friend gave me to get last minute groceries and possibly some underware for her. My mom donated all the toiletries that K will need. Things are coming together, and it's exciting to watch God provide what we need. We couldn't MAKE this stuff happen- it's all God's hand on K's behalf.

Another quick note that I need to mention: please please please do NOT mention the word 'adoption' anywhere near K. She is unavailable for adoption currently and if she hears the word, she might get her hopes up. She speaks pretty good English, and even the ones that don't know that word. I have one friend that refers to that as the 'a' word, lol.

Say a quick prayer today as she travels to us! I'll post pics tomorrow night after we get her!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing how K's visit goes.

    Oh, and to answer a question from much too long ago, YES I got the Kohl's card. I used some of it for a new outfit for Addie's birthday, and am saving the rest for something special.

    -- SJ

    ReplyDelete