Saturday, July 30, 2011

UNO!

Sometimes silence means things are not going well. For me, at least in this case, it means that things have been going so well, I don't know where to start updating, LOL. Plus, we have been so busy, even on days we're just hanging around the house wearing out the UNO cards, by days end I am too pooped to blog.

K has gotten MUCH more relaxed and open around us. She is not as stiff and uncomfortable any more. She is walking around barefoot, calling dibs on the shower, trying to scare me and Gabe, asking for seconds, and laughing laughing laughing! Tiny things are making me happy-seeing her feel free to grab a throw blanket and snuggle down into a pillow to watch a movie, joking (even when she shouldn't be) and tiny things she is telling me about her home, all mean she is relaxing and trusting us.

She has told me some about her past and her family; it will just come out of no where and spill out. She tells me about her friends and what they like and don't like. She has told me some about her school. She is hugging me at night and holding my hand when we walk into stores. I love it. She is more reserved around Gabe, but she loves to watch him mow or grill, and she is def. ready to see him when he gets home. I see her watch the clock and listen for the garage door to open.

She has come soooooo far in the last 2 1/2 weeks. We only have til the 9th with her, and then she'll have to go home. I can't stand the thought of her leaving. I am glad we will be able to email and communicate that way. Meantime, we hope for a day when she can return.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad for her and your family, too. I haven't invested the work, emotion, and thought into the girl, but I have kept up with your efforts, and know that she has quickly become a big part of your lives. Maybe through emails you will be able to maintain a close relationship.

    ReplyDelete