Monday, August 29, 2011

Because Blogging is more Fun than Cleaning.........

This is is bits and pieces post, for those who like to keep up with us.........

We started school. J is in second grade and learning cursive (which she is super excited about). A is in Kindergarten and loves to do her school work. She gets mad if she doesn't get to go first. (I do school in rounds....some with one, send them for a break or to work on their own, and then the second one comes over and we work for a bit and then either back to the first or add in the third.) H is doing "How to read in 100 Easy Lessons". So far, so good. She also LOVES to be read to, so often she will grab a book and try to curl up in my lap.

Gabe has been wanting to be an outside salesman for years. He was with one company for about 15 years, and they kept passing him over, so he left there and went to work for a similar, but bigger, company. He was there about 4 mos, and found out the outside salesman was quitting, so he requested to have that job. And he got it. We are more than thrilled and he is doing really well. He also got a company truck, which means he can sell his PT Cruiser. And we can quit buying gas for it, which is awesome. We strongly believe that this promotion (that came after his/our decision to adopt K) was God's confirmation and blessing that we were headed down the right path.

The Puzzle Piece Fundraiser is going pretty slow (although a HUGE thanks to those that have given!!!!). Part of me wants to be disappointed, and part of me wants to panic, but mostly I am just waiting and praying. Meantime, I am applying for jobs that I can do in the evenings. I have applied 3 places so far. Even though Gabe did get a promotion, it's hardly going to put a dent in adoption costs. Not to mention paying to rehost K at Christmas, and then Christmas itself. I am just praying something opens up fast, so we can get to saving!

The last bit of news is that J had a pretty epic bout with swimmers ear. The lymph nodes in her face, neck and pelvis all were swollen and she could hardly move her jaw to talk or chew. I read on-line about how to cure it, since of course it was a Saturday when she puffed up, and I kept reading about white vinegar and rubbing alcohol . Using equal parts of each, mix and then put a few drops in each ear. The vinegar helps with pain and the alcohol  helps clear up infection. She took the drops like a champ and in 36 hours, was back to normal. No more swelling or pain. Now after swimming I will make sure to put rubbing alcohol drops in her ear to make sure the water is dried up and she doesn't relapse. (We are still going to the lake at least twice a week because it makes my difficult child so much easier for the next 2 days. Lord help me once it's Fall and we're not able to go. Yikes.)

1 comment:

  1. At this rate I think we are just stuck in a perpetual summer...BLARG!

    ReplyDelete