Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lining Up

This morning I am on the verge of being emotional. I cannot bear the thought of putting K on a plane on Tues. Although I will have to, and Tues is coming no matter how much I mentally drag my feet. I was on my way to shower but I feel the need to post what is on my heart this morning.

I believe God has a plan. And whether we know it or not, we are all playing a part in it. Most of the time, we don't see the effect we have on others. Generally, we don't see how an act of kindness makes someones day, or the gift card we send anonymously makes someone cry with joy and relief. Those are the short term things.

But there are long term actions too. They line up like dominoes. Craig and Kevin feel led by God to go to Latvia on a mission trip. People make donations to make it happen. They stop at an orphanage they have never been to before. There is a girl there that begs to come to America. Craig blogs about her story and Kevin posts pictures. In America, I sit and cry reading her story. Then I see her picture, and I KNOW. People donate. We host her. We fall in love. We plan on rehosting, and ultimately, bringing her home for good.

We don't know what part we play. The point is, we were willing. It seems impossible? It makes no sense? It seems too small? Silly? Too much? Not enough? Doesn't matter. If God wants you to do something- DO IT. Even if you never see the whole story play out. Even if it seems impossible, or silly, or too small or overwhelming. God uses us in spite of those excuses; He wants to use us for His glory and for His purposes.

 Who are we to ask why?


Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment