Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Random Act of Kindness and our Adoption

There is this young, single mom in my Thursday night discipleship group. She has a (super cute) daughter that just had her first birthday.

Thursday we met and she started telling me about her daughter's birthday, and how she (the mom) has been wanting to be able to give back and bless others. One way she decided to do this? She explained to everyone coming to her daughter's birthday party, that in lieu of gifts to please bring a donation to go to a family that needed some help. (I didn't see the email, so I don't really know what all was said.)

At this point, she brought out an envelope and gave it to me. We were the family she wanted to help. Specifically, to help with K's adoption costs.

The total shock I felt left me just staring at her. I sure hope I seemed as grateful as I was/am because I could not form a thought or a sentence. The complete selflessness of the act blew me completely out of the water. Complete selflessness and sacrifice.

I don't want to give her name. I hope she sees this. (If you do, just 'like' my post on Facebook.) Thank you doesn't cover it. I know you could have used the cash/gifts for yourself or for your daughter. I pray you get blessed in a HUGE way for this. I hope this story inspires others to use this idea and to find their own family to help.

Thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment