Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Manners? Not so much........

So this weekend we noticed something (and I am being 'real' here): our kids have pretty bad table manners. I don't know if they were good, and they took a turn for bad, or if they have been bad all along and it's just obvious now because they are older. I'm not sure I want to know.

In the efforts to improve their manners, we are doing two things. One is, we read the 'manners' section in one of Jadyn's school books. Two: we wrote down all the table manners we could think of, and then I let the kids cut them out, so that there was one per piece of paper. We put all the slips of paper in a cup and each night at dinner we will pull out one and work on that specific manner all through the meal. Then we'll keep going through all the manners until they have all been worked on. I'm sure we'll have to go through them all a few times to really 'get it'.

If we are only working on one at a time, I am hoping it will sink in deeper and faster. I also hope it will help me and Gabe not NAG at them the entire meal, since it's just one rule. Because really who wants to be nagged at the whole meal. And Gabe and I would like to eat and not be the Manner Nazis.

If anyone wants to weigh in on this, feel free. And if you want to take this idea, please do.

I'll let ya know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! What a brilliant plan! I can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete