Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Doofus,

So tonight was our Fundraiser at Chick Fil A. We will get to keep 20% of all the receipts that we collected from the people that ate there tonight. Some of the people we knew, and others that we didn't know simply gave us their receipt. We had 3 plastic containers with the kids' pictures on them and a friend made us little posters to hold up along with the containers. The signs just said "SUPPORT ORPHANS! Donate your Receipts. Thanks!" That was all, but it cut down on explaining everything 5 million times thru the evening.

Most people that I encountered were polite. Some just shoved the receipt at me as they drove by (I was in the drive through lane) and a few asked questions and were generally supportive. A few rolled up their windows and ignored me, and that was OK too.

But then someone came through that really needed to be punched. As they gunned it to get away from me, a young guy yells out his window to me, "Who cares?! No one wants them anyway!" And then he was around the building and gone.

One of my best friends and her family happened to be standing with me when that happened. I was glad not to be alone, and they both were ticked off that he had yelled something so down right MEAN. I was shocked for a second, and then the words sunk in and I got choked up and started to cry. My friend's daughter was looking at me, and I didn't want to scare her, so I started talking about how my three girls were inside and ready to play with her. I stayed on the verge of tears for a few more minutes, but tried not to focus on something uttered by a complete moron.

So to this moron I would like to say: You're right. No one wanted them. That's what made them orphans. How astute of you to point that out. I would love to have talked with you and enlightened you on what we are trying to do, but since you shouted it out your car window like a COWARD and drove off, I can't. I can't ask you what your problem is. I can't explain their plight. I can't explain that it's people like you that are the reason there are so many orphans in the world today. Do you feel better now you mocked an orphan? Do you know they are God's special children? Do you know are worse off than my Ksenija, who you ridiculed?! You think they are worthless; but they aren't. You are. And not only are you a COWARD for doing a drive by mocking, you are STUPID as well because you have a custom plate on your car, and we all saw it.
But someone wants these kids now- they are still orphans, but they are wanted. They are loved. They are prayed for. Their pictures are printed and on refrigerators. And in July we will hug them and kiss them and bring them home.
And  you will, most likely, still be a walking-talking-waste-of-air TURD.

No comments:

Post a Comment