Sunday, May 29, 2011

Snags, Bottom Lines and Cows

So we hit alittle bit of a snag this week. I got an email Thursday saying that there was a snag with the paperwork for our hosting (well, us and the Helf's kids) and the needed papers weren't going to get to Latvia in time for the orphan court's deadline. There is some rule about they have to have the paperwork 30 days before it needs to be acted on, or something like that. I'm a bit confused, but the bottom line is that our papers and the Helf's papers won't get there in time.

What does that mean? Well, I stopped breathing for a few moments while I kept reading the email. I had a heart stopping panic that I was about to be told that K wasn't going to be able to be hosted til Christmas. But 'all' it means is that she won't get here until mid-July instead of June 28th.

They are being great and letting her come later and stay until late August so that she can still be here for about 5 weeks. I'm grateful her trip won't be cut short. I'm grateful that she's still coming. I'm grateful she can fly with two other kids so maybe the plane ride won't seem so boring/long/scary. I'm bummed her visit won't overlap my sister's visit so they could meet. I'm bummed she will miss the 4th of July. I'm bummed I have to wait longer to hug her and I'm really bummed she has to wait longer to get here.

I am trying to look at the bright side and adjust my 'plans'. The bottom line is she is still coming and we will still have a great time. The delay will give us extra time to fund raise and find her clothes. By the time she gets here, hopefully there will be a lot of summer clearance already and good sales because of back to school. Also? Our county will be back in school for the last few weeks of her visit, so places will be less crowded. Having 4 kids in a crowded bounce house place just about makes me a nervous wreck, LOL.

And....we are still fundraising. The last 2 weekends we have done a yard sale at our house. We had LOTS of things donated (because our friends are awesome) and my garage is still full. This weekend our whole neighborhood is having a yard sale, so we will do 'take 3' on Sat.

But the neatest thing is that THIS TUESDAY, MAY 31ST we are doing a Spirit Night at the Chick Fil A in Loganville. We will get 20% of all receipts that are turned in. One of us will also be standing at the drive through collecting receipts, so if you are in the area and just want to grab dinner on your way by, you still will be helping us out. We will be there 5-8pm, and I'm sure to be all jacked up on their lemonade, so it will be a great night to stop by.

Still hate that dressed up cow, though.
**shudders**

No comments:

Post a Comment