Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

I have been thinking the last couple of weeks about Mother's Day and what to get/do for my mom and my mother-in-law. Which led me to think about my own kids and what they will remember about me as their mom.

Then I thought about Ksenija who were are hosting from Latvia this summer. Does she remember her mom? Are they good memories? Was she loved and wanted? I thought about N who we hosted last summer who has admitted anger at her birthmother and how she never wants to be like her. And I thought about Oksana, who in broken English explained, "My momma, bleh (thumbs down). You momma, yes (thumbs up)." Her mom did nothing as they were taken away and never tried to get them back. And now these are the mothers they have to remember.

I am asking you to consider something. Instead of purchasing something for your mom, that you don't know if she'll like, wear, watch, use, enjoy, want or need.....donate to Ksenija's hosting fund. In honor of your mom and all she did for you, you can help this eleven year old without a momma.

If you donate any amount by Thursday, May 5th at 12pm, I will send you a wallet sized picture of Ksenija to put in your Mother's Day card so your mom can see the face of the child that was helped in her name. (To donate, please use the Paypal button at the top, right hand side of the blog.)

Personally, I think that's a pretty cool thing. Investing in someone's life will never fade, break, tear, wilt or go out of style!

  
Acts 20:35
".....remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment